City of Chubbuck Comprehensive Plan
- Chapter One: Introduction
- Summary: The introduction to the comprehensive plan that includes information such as why the comprehensive plan
was instituted, an overview of the City's vision and trends with associated repercussions.
- Chapter Two: Property Rights
- Summary: Information about property rights for the developing land owner and surrounding land owners that must be
considered in any development within the City limits. Includes information about "taking" properties.
- Chapter Three: Population and Demographics
- Summary: A study of current and projected future population and demographics along with the projected demand for
services. The technical analysis determined population, housing unit, and employment forecasts for Bannock County.
- Chapter Four: Land Use
- Summary: Land use plan that integrates and mixes residential, commercial, and other types of
uses thus creating a more dynamic, livable, compact community. Also see:
urban service boundary map,
future land use map and
model community map.
- Chapter Five: Transportation
- Summary: Establishes goals for layout of public roadways that are condusive to both vehicular and pedestrian
traffic throughout the City. Also see:
functional class road system map.
- Chapter Six: Community Design Element
- Summary: Establishes the need for governing of both landscaping and building design in commercial and
residential ares of the City. Describes the "Smart Growth" plan. Also see:
community design map.
- Chapter Seven: Government Services
- Summary: This chapter addresses government services and public facilities, which include: sanitary sewer, potable water and
other utility lines, fire and police stations, public libraries and other government related buildings.
- Chapter Eight: Recreation
- Summary: This chapter outlines the current and future plans for the use of outdoor recreation facilities within City limits.
Recreation demands in Chubbuck are facility-oriented, not program-oriented. Also see:
parks, paths and schools map.
- Chapter Nine: Natural Resources
- Summary: This chapter covers the ecological concerns associated with land use and development with a particular emphasis
placed on the preservation of the aquifers and air quality.
- Chapter Ten: Housing
- Summary: This chapter focuses on plans for providing safe and adequate housing to all citizens in the community. While
most new development will be single family dwellings, the City will also encourage development of multi-family complexes as well.
- Chapter Eleven: Economic Development
- Summary: This chapter projects how future growth in employment and income potential will be developed along with
specific areas where there is greatest potential for new businesses in the Portneuf Valley.
- Chapter Twelve: Special Sites
- Summary: This chapter identifies key locations in town and encourages developers of those properties to do something
special for the town in terms of architectural design or preservation of natural scenery and resources.
- Chapter Thirteen: School Location and Transportation
- Summary: This chapter identifies the need for schools that are safe, under capacity and accessible to students with a minimal
need for school-operated busing, and that are compatible with and complementary to their neighborhoods.
- Chapter Fourteen: Area of City Impact and Growth
- Summary: This chapter Designates an area of impact enabling Chubbuck to manage the perimeter of the city and regulate
surrounding development, and permitting residents within the area to be represented on the city’s planning and zoning commission.
- Appendix A: Attorney General's Checklist
- Summary: The Office of the Attorney General of the State of Idaho has prepared a checklist for use when reviewing the
potential impact of a regulatory or administrative action upon specific properties.
- Appendix B: Technical Support Documents
- Summary: A listing of analyses produced in support of the comprehensive plan. Copies of each analysis are available for
purchase or review at the Chubbuck City Hall and Bannock Planning Organization offices.
- Chapter Index
- Summary: A listing of the persons involved in the creation and approval of this plan along with a listing of all chapters